Thursday, July 29, 2010
I worked on Keiko one afternoon and evening and accomplished quite a bit. It has lots of fun stitches, but I fear it is awfully busy! Once the diamond is complete, there is a sort of lacy "background" around it and I'm already thinking of how to make that calm the thing down.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
I've started a new Bargello! OMG I do love to start new things! This is on Vintage Red canvas again, I had the perfect size piece leftover and it is the right color anyway. I should have put something dark behind it for the photo. Oops, forgot! Anway, the border is started, with black Silk & Ivory, and the first pattern row is in with black FyreWerks. This pieces will have lots of sparkly!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
I made some progress on Keiko this past week. Now that I have the areas outlined, it goes much faster. I'll try to work on it a little each week & post my progress. Sorry the pic is kind of blurry, I don't know why. I scan stuff all the time & it usually comes out fine! Oh well, computer gremlins at work again....
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Threadmedley suggested that I show you both Interactive Ribbons together. Good idea Jan, thanks! So here you are.
Whenever I get the instructions written and make this pattern available for sale, I will include both background treatments.
Friday, July 23, 2010
The 2nd Interactive Ribbons, the red one, is finished. This is such a pretty colorway and I like the background variation too. Now to get the instructions written up which is always an exercise in perseverence for me!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
"Keiko" by Jim Wurth for the Rainbow Gallery is my next "just for fun" project.
I purchased this as a kit from Scarlet Thread online. When it arrived I decided to change the purple threads to browns, and I changed the overdye also. I'm just not a Purple Person! By the way, Scarlet Threads was great to deal with!
I should have something stitched to show you in a few days.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Sierra is finished! I put the last bead on this afternoon. I ended up using the turquoise in all of the corner squares, but lightened it by using #8 Pearl instead of #5. The backstitching is done in a Kreinik braid that is aqua & gold. Beads were called for in the pattern & I used all aqua beads. I had thought I would use copper ones in the center line of copper, but I couldn't find a bead that looked right. Now I'm glad, as I think the aqua looks really good. This will go back to Vegas with me in the Fall, so I won't have it framed until then.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Sierra has not been neglected! I do work on it occasionally. So this is progress to date. It doesn't quite fit on the scanner, but almost. You can see most of it. When I finish the little diamonds on the end, I will be taking out the peachy colored diamonds inside the upper left corner. And they will repeat in the lower right corner. I don't like the color. I will either do those eyelets & crosses in the dark brown or the turquoise. I think the dark brown would make them stand out and the turquoise would make them "equal" to the square right in the corner. I haven't decided what is "best" yet. Any comments?
Saturday, July 10, 2010
It has been a very busy week, but I have gotten some stitching done. Mostly on Interactive Ribbons #2. I finished the center section and started on the background. After a few rows of it I realized that the darkest red in the background was too purple-y, so I took it out and changed it. Now I like it! This will be finished soon.
The picture is kind of wierd. I stood the piece on the back step in the sun in an effort to get the Kreinik Holographic Ribbon to stand out. It is better, but I didn't have anything to put behind it, so you can see through the canvas! Other than that, it is pretty good. And the Kreinik does show up more I think. By the way, the canvas is called Victorian Red (not Vintage).
Sunday, July 4, 2010
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! I hope you all have/had a safe & fun holiday. Yesterday & today I worked on the July SOTM and completed it. So that can be put away for another month. I'm curious to see what Susan uses next month to fill in the spaces!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
I have started the second Interactive Ribbons Bargello. This one is also in Silk & Ivory and Kreinik Holographic Ribbon, 1/16" this time. It didn't fit on the scanner so one side is a little cut off, but you get the idea. The color didn't come out too well. The lightest color is a little more peachy. The canvas is Vintage Red (I think that's what it's called) and pretty much eliminataes any show through with these threads. There will be no canvas showing when it is finished. The Holographic Ribbon is bright red. The background on this one will be a little different than the first one I did. It is going quite quickly and I hope to have it finished fairly soon. It is such fun to stitch!