Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Malachite Maze, Progress #2

I have worked a little bit on Malachite Maze lately.  The center Bargello square is complete and also the next section which is called the Meandering River.  The center square is mostly floss with one row of metallic and a bit of Watercolours.  the Watercolours was supposed to be Waterlilies, but I wasn't paying attention!  Oh well, the color is closs enough and it looks fine.  There is also a bit of the yellow Neon Rays which really sets off the muted blue/greens.

The Neon Rays is used again for the Meandering River, this time in Tent stitch, then the background is stitched in Basketweave with Wildflowers, for the main part, and Watercolours for the 2 end pieces.

This design is set up so that the outer edge appears to be more opaque than the rest.  This is accomplished by using heavier threads.  It is an interesting concept and I'm curious to see how it develops as it is stitched.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stars For A New Millenium, Progress #2

Clark Gable is finished!  This square went quickly, except for the couched inside corners.  Those little corners are made of Trebizond couched with 2 strands of silk floss.  I didn't think I would like them, but once they were done they are fine & coordinate nicely with the little dark squares in Marilyn!  the outer corners are stitched in Oriental Stitch.  You can hardly tell in the picture, but it is worked in 2 shades & I think one is too yellow. I'll probably take it out & redo it.  Next up will be to get started with the sashing and borders. 
Here are the 2 squares I have finished so far.  Now for the fun part:  Go to Jan's blog and see her progress.  She has started the sashing so we aren't quite together, but it is so fun to compare!  Jan's is so much brighter than mine, but I'm happy with both.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Four Way 4-way, Summer, Section 2 finished

Section 2 of the Four Way 4-way Summer is finished.  I did change the center color arrangement some and I like it better now. 

This piece, along with most of my other WIPs, will have to be set aside for awhile now.  I am working on instructions for several things and I must focus on those as there are deadlines.  I can't tell or show you anything about these yet.  I will try to post at least once a week during this time.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

SOTM 2011, June

Here is my SOTM for June.  I love the way these Crescents make little hearts!  The light thread is Needle Necessities 125 and the dark is Threadworx 10311.  What's up for July?!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Stars For A New Milleneum, Progress #1

Oh Boy!  Jan & I have started our Stars!  Here is my first day's start on Square #1, Marilyn Monroe.  I fell in love as soon as I finished the center with the overdye.  Gorgeous!  No problems so far.  I am using metallics for all of the D threads (those of you who are stitching (or have stitched) Stars will understand!) which as far as I have been able to tell, is unusual.  At least in this square, I really like the metallics.

The next day I was able to complete this square.
I really like it!  I think it turned out great & I can't wait to tackle the next square.
Be sure to check out Jan's version, it is quite different and very pretty!

I am going to work the next 2 squares before I start on the borders and sashing as I think I want to use a lighter shade for the sashing than what is called for.

It may be awhile though.  I am working on several things, with deadlines, that I can't even tell you about yet.  But all of my personal needlepoint has to go on hold.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Four Way 4-way, Summer, Section 2

Section 2 of the Summer Four Way 4-way is almost complete.  But I'm not sure I like the way the center is turning out.  I may rip some of it out and change the color sequence. I think I want more metallic & less overdye around the center.