Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Halloween Kitty Stand-up

Halloween Kitty is finished as a stand-up with an easel back.  Isn't she adorable?!
Since she will be travelling to Scotland, we decided on the ball fringe rather than fancy ribbons & bows for easy packing.  Love the ball fringe!  And the back fabric has glitter in it so it is sparkly.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Transitions, Finished

Transitions is finished!  I'm quite pleased with it overall. 
I ended up using fewer beads than I thought I would in the first section, but I like it.  I stitched the open area with floss in Basketweave before attaching the beads.
I filled in the open areas of Sections 2, 3 & 5.
I redid the "center" in the center section using #12 Kreinik instead of #8 and it is much better.  #8 was just too skimpy. 
Now to find the perfect matt & frame!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Puzzle Piece, Progress #3

While we were in Reno, I worked on my Puzzle Piece.  I have completed 4 sections in
addition to the large Bargello section.  After the first two sections, I decided not to follow the order of the sections as written in Jean Hilton's instructions.  Instead, I spent a couple of hours with the book choosing stitches for my piece according to the size of the various sections to be stitched.  So now I have sort of a roadmap to follow.  It isn't set in concrete and I still have to decide which threads to use in which sections.  But at least I have a starting point!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Bloomin' Bargello Analogous, Finished

Bloomin' Bargello, Analogous, is finished!  I had planned to finish it while we were in Reno, but ran out of one of the colors.  It only took me 2 evenings to finish once I got the thread.
So, now there are 3 Bloomin's:  Monochromatic, Analogous and Complimentary.  This now goes on the pile of things that need instructions written.  Sigh......

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Halloween Cat, Finished

The little Halloween Cat is finished.  She goes to the finisher this weekend.  She will be finished as a stand up, with an easel back.
This was an easy little canvas to stitch and was nicely painted.  No globs of paint filling up the holes or making the canvas threads thick!  This is an Amanda Lawford canvas.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Walk the Wild River, Progress #4

Since we've been in Reno, I have worked on Walk the Wild River a bit.  This is Sections 12 & 14.  Section 12 is just the three little corners.  I chose to do each one in a different color. 
Section 14 is the medallion. It went pretty easy, just required constant attention to the count!  It is a little brighter than I had planned, but it will do. 
Next up is a section that involves cutting the canvas.  Yikes!
(Sorry for the poor photo, all I have with me is my phone.)

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Menagerie update

It has been almost a year since I have posted about Menagerie.  Or worked on it!  Menagerie is last year's year-long project for Cyberpointers. 
I brought it with me to Reno and have actually completed one section.
This is the second Rhodes stitch section and I decided it would be fun to try to do my name in Rhodes stitch variations.  I spent a couple of days with computer and graph paper, and finally came up with a design.  It turned out OK!  I used 2 shades of Splendor and one overdyed Waterlilies.  I don't know if I will fill in the background or not.  I'll decide later.  Most of my sections have a border, but I could just fill it with whatever I do for the overall background.  Here's the whole thing so far.  Again, sorry for the poor photos, I just have my phone with me.