Saturday, August 27, 2016

Jewelry Box Bargello

Yes, I know I have been remiss about posting.  But I do have something to show you now!  
A month or so ago I decided I needed another jewelry box and I had one (Sudberry House Long Jewelry Box) in the cupboard that just needed stitching.  
So I did it!  I have a larger Sudberry jewelry box so I used the same colors and threads, more or less, and quickly worked up the outlines of the design.  I finished it last weekend and popped it in.  It now sits on my dresser with it's mate.  Now I just need time to fill it up, which involves rearranging a lot of costume jewelry!

I love Sudberry products!  Such easy finishing :-)
(No affiliation, just a happy customer.)

Saturday, August 13, 2016

More Finishing

I've been getting more things finished, but this time I did them myself!  Yay me!  They may not be as perfect as a professional would do, but it sure cost less!

First up, Gardener's Alphabet "T" put into an acrylic trivet.  The back has a piece of cork on it.  This is the easiest finish there is, just trim and stick it in there!  I did have some trouble getting it straight though and it would have been better if the stitching hadn't come right to the very edge.  Sorry about the flash reflection!

Next is a tote bag.  I've had this zippered tote for several years, my husband brought it home from a convention.  I use it all the time as a project bag and one day the light went on!  Cover the logo with a piece of needlepoint.  Duh!!  I had this Mad Miters in my portfolio and it fit just right over the logo.  I purchased the brown edging and sewed it all on.  Fortunately, my sewing machine has a free arm, or I wouldn't have been able to do it!  

And then there's the Bargello Christmas Stocking.  I debated about having this finished into a "real" stocking, or just finished flat.  I purchased some ready-made dark green welting.  I had a fat quarter of christmas fabric.  Ok, I'll give it a try.  What do you know!  It actually turned out pretty well, as a real stocking.  A little wobbly around the heel & toe, but still - not bad for an amateur.  Maybe I'll use it for cards this year.

Friday, August 5, 2016

Gardener's Alphabet "G"

This is a commission piece.  My friend wants this letter G in a  tray, so I have to come up with border & background to fill it out.  The letter is too small by itself for the tray.  I have started a border in the upper right corner.  The thread is a Threadworx overdyed floss and matches the canvas almost perfectly!  I haven't yet decided for sure about background.  Will wait to see how it looks once the border is finished.
If you love the letter G, or any other letter, the patterns are available on my website!