Thursday, March 19, 2009

Double Up


Finally! I completed the pre-work for Ro Pace's pilot class for Double Up, the other class she is teaching at the ANG Seminar this fall. This piece is a real challenge as I opted for Congress Cloth in order to keep the overall size manageable. I haven't worked on anything smaller than 18-count for quite awhile and it took my poor old eyes some time to adjust!

Ro allowed me to change the colors, so mine is going to look quite a bit different than the model (which is shown above). The Congress Cloth I am using is kind of a taupe-y color, which is more accurately rendered in the scan of the detail. The photo I took of the whole piece came out pretty dark. The triangles are Kreinik braid couched with one strand of silk. The rest of the prework stitching is in pearl cotton.


2 comments:

NCPat said...

Very nice! I look forward to seeing the rest of your colors!

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

I love those colors!!!