Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Map of Australia


I don't have any in-work projects to show you and won't for quite awhile. I'm working on a piece that I can't show you right now. I'm also about to start on the prework for the Mystery Retreat I'm going to in Las Vegas in July; there won't be anything interesting to show on that one till after the retreat!

Sooooo, I thought I would show you some older pieces that I have completed. The first is a Map of Australia which I completed last year. It is a HUGE (for me) cross-stitch with a lot of backstitching. I purchased the pattern in Australia a few years ago. The piece is stitched on linen with just a couple of shades of brown & some ecru. It was very tedious to stitch, there were waaaaay too many partial stitches, but I'm quite pleased with the result.

2 comments:

Raspberry said...

I like it. I know cross-stitch can be so silly, but there's a map of the 'old west' (California...Nevada....) the gold rush areas, that I'm thinking of stitching for my wanna-be cowboy brother. :)

Elizabeth Clark said...

Very striking! I'm with you on back stitching, I have projects that would be done if I would finish the back stitching.