Monday, February 22, 2010

Mystery Retreat Project Progress


Some of you may remember that I went to a Mystery Retreat last summer here in Las Vegas. It was great fun and the project is super, but huge! This project is now my weekend project. I am planning to work on it on Sundays, and sometimes Saturdays. The Mystery Project has 5 sections, each designed by a different designer. I started working on the top section last weekend and yesterday I completed that section. This top section was designed & taught by Patricia Hartman. It didn't quite fit on the scanner, but it is mostly there, just cut off a little of the left side (which is just like the right side). I had to make a few changes as I messed up the positioning of one of the stitch patterns: The Herringbone down the center was supposed to be offset - not right in the middle! But the middle is where it was, it was really pretty, and I didn't want to take it out. So I just made necessary adjustments to the other patterns. I also changed the Bargello areas on either side because those areas were too small now to work right with the intended pattern. I think it turned out pretty though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, that is gorgeous! Fabulous colours, and aren't the textures of those threads just wonderful! I really liked hearing how you changed things a little to accommodate your "design choice" alteration. I am really looking forward to seeing more of your work on this!

NCPat said...

I love your colors....I love all the different stitches and textures.