Friday, June 3, 2011

Stars For A New Milleneum, Progress #1

Oh Boy!  Jan & I have started our Stars!  Here is my first day's start on Square #1, Marilyn Monroe.  I fell in love as soon as I finished the center with the overdye.  Gorgeous!  No problems so far.  I am using metallics for all of the D threads (those of you who are stitching (or have stitched) Stars will understand!) which as far as I have been able to tell, is unusual.  At least in this square, I really like the metallics.


The next day I was able to complete this square.
I really like it!  I think it turned out great & I can't wait to tackle the next square.
Be sure to check out Jan's version, it is quite different and very pretty!

I am going to work the next 2 squares before I start on the borders and sashing as I think I want to use a lighter shade for the sashing than what is called for.

It may be awhile though.  I am working on several things, with deadlines, that I can't even tell you about yet.  But all of my personal needlepoint has to go on hold.

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

As far as I know, you and I are the only ones using metallics for D or any other step. Bet it's gorgeous in person!
Jane/Chilly Holler

Rachel said...

Such a contrast with Jan's - it will be fascinating to see them develop side by side!

QuinlansMamaMia said...

I love the metallic!