Sunday, March 17, 2013

Leaping Stag

You have not seen this piece before.  Several years ago I was working on ANG's Master Needle Artist program and this is one of the pieces I developed during that program.  I was unable to complete the program, but I do love this design!
The Leaping Stag was a common motif during the Art Deco period.  His body is the only part of this design that has textured stitches and they are worked with Watercolours.  The rest of the piece is in tent stitch with floss.

This piece has been tacked up on my office wall for several years and I just had it framed. 
The pic of the framed piece didn't come out too well, color wise. 

4 comments:

Tatkis said...

What a lovely design!
Will there be a chart for sale? :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It is lovely, your stag. Congratulations on creating such beauty.

IrinaS said...

Delightful stag!

IrinaS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.