Friday, June 14, 2013

Transitions Progress #2

As you can see, I have made considerable progress on Transitions.  Column 1 is now complete and Column 2 nearly so.  I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of next week.

This is the most Mad of the Mad Miters I have done!  So far I have used many different colors of Watercolours and Silk & Ivory, with just a few metallics for accent.  The metallics don't show up very well in the photo.

Once everything else is complete, I will fill in the areas I have left blank.  I will probably use decorative stitches, possibly some Hilton stitches if I can find the right ones for the spaces in question.

Update:  As described in previous post, I have used Method #2 (equal quadrants) in the section to the left of the large diamond, and a little below it. The orange-y color shows it most clearly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visually very interesting. Your color blending is fantastic! Melita

Jocelyn in NZ said...

Oh Liz, this is spectacular, and adding in some Hilton stitches will make it even more so, I'm sure! I wonder what thread(s) you will use for them.