Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Big Cats Cross Stitch


Oh no!  Not another cross stitch?!  Yes, I found another one in the UFO pile.  I started this nearly 20 years ago.  It was to be a top for a jewelry box.  Well, I have since made something else for the box!  
Anyway, I decided to try to finish this.  It is on 18 Aida, which seems a LOT smaller than 18 canvas!  I am using a single strand of floss.  These cat patterns are all separate and I will have to go back & fill in the "in between" spaces later.  As I stitch now, I'm thinking about how I want to do that.
The center is to be a large black Panther.  We'll see if I get that far!  I can't work on it very long at a time but I'm trying to stitch on it a little bit several times a week.


2 comments:

Beth in IL said...

I think it will look great!

Jan said...

I love this piece! I have a piece with the heads of 5 large cats (in cross stitch) in my stash. I hope you finish this one. It will be fantastic!