Thursday, July 3, 2014

Linda, Progress #4

I'm making good progress on Linda.  
Last time I posted, I though I was finished with the squares, but there were still stitches to do between the squares.
Now I'm working on the border.  I've been jumping around some because I wasn't sure what threads & colors I wanted to use.
When I looked at the big Jessicas, that go all the way around & form a circle, I first thought I would use Watercolours.  No, Watercolours is much too heavy.  OK, I'll use Wildflowers in the same color.  Well, Wildflowers would work, but the color was wrong (not the same as the Watercolours I'd picked).  Back to my stash!  I had nothing in DMC#8 pearl that was the right color.  But, oh look, maybe this Painters Thread #8 pearl.  OH YES, I like it, but I'm going to have to order more.  I think one skein will do more than half of the Jessicas, but I have ordered 2 more skeins in case the color has changed dramatically.

1 comment:

Sara Leigh said...

This is such a pretty design. I like your color palette (as usual, hahaha) and hope the Painter's Thread hasn't changed color too much between dyelots.