Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Needlepoint Book

Like many stitchers this week, I just received my brand new The Needlepoint Book, by Jo Ippolito Christensen, the new edition.  I know, I swore I wouldn't buy the hardback version, but I caved.  I just couldn't stand it.  Had to have it!

This morning I looked it over and it is terrific.  I would still prefer a spiral bound copy, but this is definitely still "the bible".  The new information is great and so is the old info which I've forgotten and now I'm reading the whole thing.  We should all do this once in awhile!  

It's kind of like the manual for that new appliance or new car:  After you've used the product for a little while, go back and read the manual and find out all the stuff you missed!

Kudos, Jo, a fabulous job!

3 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Is it very different from the old one? I love mine and it would be wonderful if it was spiral bound.

LIZ said...

Beth, I haven't compared them yet. If you have a paperback version, you can get it spiral bound at a kinkos or office depot for $5 or less. I did it to my old one years ago.

Sara Leigh said...

There is a lot of new material in this one. Plus pretty much all new photos of needlepoint.