Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Mini Mystery Monday #6

One of my ongoing projects for 2016 is to stitch up some of the MANY patterns I have accumulated for small things.  When I get 6 or so done, I will ship them off to my finisher.  They will become ornaments, door hangers, standups, etc.  These small projects will give me something to work on when I just can't stand to handle one of the huge projects I have going!

This is the first.  It is one of Laura Perin's Mystery Monday projects from 2012.  I messed with the pattern and the colors quite a bit.  LOL!  I changed the corner and center stitches, left off a border, used more metallics, totally changed the colors.  It's OK, but not quite what I'd envisioned.  The Watercolours I used could have been more vibrant.

1 comment:

Sara Leigh said...

I like it! The palette is a little darker, moodier (?) than you usually use. I like that you felt free to do whatever you wanted with the design. Not knowing what the original intent was, I feel pretty safe in saying you made good changes.