Some of you will have already seen this on Facebook, but for the rest:
Some months ago I decided the windowseat in our loft needed a cushion. Well, in my house that means a needlepoint cushion. First measure: Holy cow, it needs to be 18" by 60"! That's five feet!! I managed to find 9 pieces of stitched needlepoint that I had never "finished" and that sort of coordinated. I also had fabric that could be used for the sashing and backing. It took awhile, several tries, to find a layout that works and for which I have enough of the rust fabric (for sashing). Some needlepoints will be sewed directly to each other, but some need filler (sashing). Here is the fabric and (sort of) final layout.
The backing fabric is an upholstery weight velveteen, I think.