Friday, January 20, 2017

Avery Bargello

I have been stitching, just haven't been very good about posting blog!
I just completed this project as a gift for a friend. I was able to use nothing but stash threads for this!
The A is stitched with black FyreWerks Soft Sheen in Reversed Scotch stitch. The background of the A carries on the Scotch using an overdyed floss.  I made a lot of counting errors and the A and its background took much longer than it should have!
The Bargello was then done in wool with gold FyreWerks accents.
All in all, I'm quite pleased with the finished piece and it was fun to do some Bargello again!.
Here it is in its tray:

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It's a lovely present, Liz. Avery is lucky.

Sara Leigh said...

I like it! The bargello frame looks great!

Brenda M. Côté said...

Beautiful. Love the blurred effect of the shading. Seems to give it movement.