Wednesday, May 23, 2018

River Dance, Finished

River Dance is finished!  I'm not as happy with the right side as I am with the rest, but it's not bad.  The right side is stitched with a variety of wools, all in different variations of 2-4-6 Bargello, but stitched horizontally.  Well, I actually stitched it vertically, with the side of the piece at the bottom.  The biggest problem was the shading.  Some threads/colors blend better than others.

Anyway, this was an idea I had a long time ago and it is good to have achieved it.  My brain can now go on to other things!

3 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

I love it! You know, in nature, some of the colors blend better than others too and that's what makes it interesting. Couldn't we say the same of this impression of nature?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I like it. I suspect from a distance it's fabulous!

Brenda's Needlepoint Studio said...

I love both sides. It reminds me of looking down into a canyon and one side of the cliff is in the shade while the other side gets the sun. Beautiful.