Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Suitings

It all began with a birthday plaid.  Right away there was trouble!  Instructions?  I don't need instructions, I've done tons of these.  Yes dear, said the little voice, but that was 20 years ago.  No problem I said and began to stitch.  Before long unintelligible mumblings could be heard, ending with where's that damned book.  My first effort at this was so bad I actually threw it away and started over!  I had the brilliant (NOT) idea of a little sampler type thing of men's suiting fabrics, all black & white with just a touch of red.  There sure are a lot of stitches in a 5" square!!
Anyway, it's finished now.  I think it will become a standup with easel back--all in red.   Yes, I see that the long threads in the red,black,white windowpane need to be straightened. 
My design, mostly floss and pearl cotton. 18-count. No, the pattern will not be available

6 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

It looks great! I can tell by your tone that you're so done with this.

Beth in IL said...

Love it!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It does look great. And I can see Liz doesn't want to do this any more! LOL

Brenda's Needlepoint Studio said...

This is really a very cool design. Did all the patterns come from one book? Can you say which one? Thanks.

LIZ said...

Sorry Brenda, but I made up all of the patterns except the argyle and the houndstooth. And I think I found the argyle on Pinterest and the houndstooth on somebody's website.

Diane Lithgow said...

This is gorgeous. a great sampler of patterns.