Monday, February 23, 2009

Things & Stuff

Thanks to Front Range Stitchers blog, I learned about www.pattandleedesigns.com Wonderful designs, especially the kitties! Most designs are available as painted canvas or chart and an email placed an order in no time! I got a confirming email right back and can pay with PayPal. I'm happy!!!




Last week I dug out an Australian design I started last summer. I haven't worked on it since before Christmas. I had forgotten how much I enjoy working on this piece! I got quite a bit done, but then ran out of a Kreinik color and don't have time to get to the shop. So, this piece is put away again for a week or so. I bought the pattern in Australia last year. It is a cross stitch pattern but I am doing it in needlepoint. I substituted an overdye, Watercolors 156, for all of the black and dark blues of the background and I chose to use metallics for just about everything else. I was able to sort of match a Kreinik to most of the floss colors specified in the pattern. There are 6-8 that I couldn't match, so stuck with the specified floss. Those are mostly grays, hard to find gray metallics! The canvas is Levintine blue, but photographs much lighter, probably due to the white wall that was behind it!




Wed. we are heading up to Reno for a long weekend, so I probably won't get another post done till next week. It will be another packed few days. I will be stitching with friends one day and going to a farewell lunch/tea. Farewell to the restaurant, Belle's Tea Cottage, which is closing its doors. Belle's has been in Reno for many years and I have enjoyed quite a few pleasant lady's lunches there. DH is hoping to go skiing, we will be having several dinners with friends, and maybe even get some dancing in.

1 comment:

Front Range Stitcher said...

I don't know how I missed this blog entry, but I want to thank you for mentioning my blog; also, I'm excited you had a good experience ordering your painted canvas. The Australian design is wonderful, Levintine blue canvas is one of my all time favorites, I keep some in my stash but I'm not sure if it's still being made. The full photo wouldn't open for me, what is the size? Very interesting. Hope you had a great visit in Reno. 'til next time, Madonna