Monday, October 12, 2009
Exploding Diamonds, Progress #4
I got tired of working on the bargello piece all the time, so dug out Exploding Diamonds for a day or two. Made good progress, just need to finish the rest of the border!
Jan asked "How did you come up with it? What inspired it?"
I'll try to answer. It all started with a picture of a 1920s evening bag that I found. First I made a design of concentric diamonds, but while it was nice, it didn't make me want to stitch it. Then I took the center small diamond and tried putting a bunch of them together, elongating some and separating them. A nice design, but still not quite "it". Finally I repeated the small diamond nine times, added border stitches, then thought it would be fun if some of the elements of each diamond were separated & "getting away", so I moved a square here & there into the spaces between the diamonds. Eventually it turned into Exploding Diamonds, which is almost finished!
I don't know if that answers your questions, Jan, but it is the best I can do!