Saturday, July 10, 2010

Interactive Ribbons Bargello #2, Progress Report


It has been a very busy week, but I have gotten some stitching done. Mostly on Interactive Ribbons #2. I finished the center section and started on the background. After a few rows of it I realized that the darkest red in the background was too purple-y, so I took it out and changed it. Now I like it! This will be finished soon.

The picture is kind of wierd. I stood the piece on the back step in the sun in an effort to get the Kreinik Holographic Ribbon to stand out. It is better, but I didn't have anything to put behind it, so you can see through the canvas! Other than that, it is pretty good. And the Kreinik does show up more I think. By the way, the canvas is called Victorian Red (not Vintage).

5 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

I love the ripple effect..very cool! And as always, your stitching is sheer perfection.

threadmedley said...

The background is a little different on this one. I like it but I think I might like the other one better. The colors are great. It looks very Christmasy.

Carolyn said...

I like this color combination too!

Front Range Stitcher said...

Lovely, as always!

sudukc said...

this is very cool. I like your modern approach to bargello.