Monday, October 4, 2010

Mystery Retreat Project Progress #8

The last 2 Sundays I have worked on the last section (the bottom section) of the Mystery Retreat Project. This section was designed by Linda Reinmiller. I am adjusting the colors slightly to make it more muted. To begin with, I had to rip out most of one of the "strings", which I had stitched at the class. I had made a counting error. I made lots of counting errors while stitching these 5 "strings"! I think the part of my brain that counts has been on vacation!! Anyway, yesterday I finally finished all the strings & they are correct, I think LOL. They are important to be correct as so much of the remaining motifs count from the strings. I got the first batch of multi-layered stars (8 of them)completed last night. The other motifs that are there were done in class. I'm hoping to finish this piece by Halloween!

No comments: