Sunday, September 1, 2013

Seminar Report

I am back from ANG Seminar 2013, but it will take me a few days to decompress!  I drove back to Vegas on Friday and got caught in a couple of terrible thunderstorms.  Cleaned up my car though :-) .  I am unpacked, but haven't the energy to stitch yet. 

Today I will pull out my two seminar projects and decide about threads.  There are a couple I want to change even though it will involve some un-stitching.  My classes were Serengeti with Pamela Harding and Tiebele Nights with Terry Dryden.  Both were good.  I learned some things in each class.  I was in class for 5 days in a row and that was too much.  I wouldn't do that again.  I really needed a break in the middle. 

Seminar was fun & I really enjoyed meeting so many people that I had previously only "met" online.  No one looks like I had them pictured in my mind!  Isn't that crazy?!  Teacher's Showcase was unfortunately in a much too small room and it was hot.  I did get a chance to visit with Linda Reinmiller, but didn't stay much longer.  Expo (Merchandise night) was smaller than expected, but I did pick up a couple of things.  Emphasis was on painted canvases and since I rarely do that, I went through pretty quickly. 

I dropped a few bucks in the store, but the book store was disappointing.  The exhibit was quite good this year.  And, trumpets please:  My Leaping Stag got a third place ribbon!!  Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to enter it.  Most of the ribbons were justly awarded and there were many exceptional pieces.  I'm sorry that we probably won't get to see pictures for several months!

I'm sorry I have no pictures to show you.  I will post pics of my projects as soon as I get permission from the teachers.  Dummy me forgot to ask in class!

All in all, I'm glad I went.  I made new friends, got reacquainted with some old friends, had a good time, learned some new things.  And now I have two more projects in my WIP pile.




1 comment: