Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tiebele Nights by Terry Dryden



The second class I took at seminar was Tiebele Nights with Terry Dryden.  This was a one day class.
The project is small and a fun stitch.  I chose the alternate colorway which is earthtones.

The best part of this particular class was learning about Copic markers.  Terry let us play with her markers and the yellowish part of the center diamond is colored with those markers and will be stitched over with light coverage.  They are GREAT markers for canvas.  Since I have been home I have purchased a set of 36 of these markers and will be experimenting with them for some of my Bargello designs.

The second best part of this class was Terry telling us a bit about Zentangle.  I know you have heard of this drawing technique from your blog reading and so had I.  But I never explored it before & now I am.  It is very cool.

I have only worked on Tiebele Nights once since returning home, but it goes fast!  Here is a photo of my progress so far.
I have used almost all of the threads/colors included in the kit.
This is going to be really pretty!

No comments: