Sunday, December 4, 2016

Waterskier

Finally, something she stitched recently!

My husband is an avid waterskier.  We live on a waterski lake.  One of the residents has friends who are professional waterskiers and one of those has given my husband and his buddies free lessons.  Since the pro refused payment, they wanted a special gift for him.  Hubby volunteered my services!  The photo to the right is the result.  I've been working on this off & on since about the first of Sept.  I had hoped to have it done by the end of Oct., but, oh well, life got in the way.  
It will go into a tray.

Many years ago I stitched a waterskier for DH.  So I had a sort of pattern.  This time I wanted it to be even more abstract.  Below is the original I did about 15 years ago. 
I like them both!

2 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

Both of them are stunning! That's such a creative way to use bargello, at least to me.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I agree. Very clever designs.