Thursday, February 1, 2018

Indian Pot



This canvas is a line drawn design from Danji Designs and it came with a stitch guide.  I've had it in stash for at least 5 years.  Recently I decided to give it a try.  It is a nice size to work on and not too demanding.  (Famous last words!)

Of course, I have to change all the colors to my usual aquas and coppers.  Which creates the very challenge I was trying to avoid!  I may also change some of the stitches.  Sigh.....

Here's my progress so far:


4 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

I'd question who you really were if you didn't change the colors and tweak the design a bit. I look forward to seeing your progress. It's a very nice design, and I didn't realize Danji had some charted needlepoint. Maybe they don't anymore. I'll have to investigate.

LIZ said...

Sara Leigh, it isn't a charted design. The outlines were drawn on the canvas and there's a stitch guide. The guide is awful. There's no date on it anywhere so I don't know how old it is, but the diagrams are all hand drawn, poorly. The challenge is to figure out what the designer wanted!

RobinG said...

It's a beautiful design, and I'm looking forward to seeing it stitched in "your" colors, which I also like a lot. it's already very pretty. A question: what is the fabric you're stitching on? Is that canvas, or something else? Color? Thanks.

LIZ said...

Thanks Robin. It is 18-count canvas. I think the color is called Sandstone. It's a little darker than Eggshell.