Thursday, October 4, 2018

Dragon

This is something I've wanted to do for years!  It is one of my favorite quotes.  

Last year I got the design done and I finally started stitching it this past spring.  The lettering is all tent stitches in Kreinik.  The dragon and background is all Criss Cross Hungarian  The dragon is Watercolours, the background is 2 strands of Threadworx overdyed floss.  The border is FyreWerx and Neon Rays Plus.  The pic is kind of dark at the top, but the border is a dark gray with green and purple in the corners.

The background is really tedious!  Compensating in and around the lettering is a real challenge!  I never have trouble compensating, but this has been a nightmare!  I didn't want to fill in around the letters with tent stitches because I felt that would set off the letters too much.  Close to finishing background though now and then the border. Then the open spaces in the dragon stitches will get beads. I'm happy with the result, even though I must admit to calling it some nasty names from time to time!!!

4 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

One of my favorite quotes, too! In fact, one of the inventors of the router (which we all use to connect to the Internet and each other) quoted it to me once. Wish I knew where it came from….

Sara Leigh said...

I think I might have gone insane by now with the compensating!

Deborah Hubbard said...

What a quote! What a dragon! And how good it is to see you back in action.

To my great regret, I won't buy the dragon, once (s)he's ready. We're hoping to move house early next year, and I've been discovering just how much stash I've got stashed away, and how long it's going to take me to even dent it. An extra lifetime would come in really handy.

Keep up the good work and the good health.

Beth in IL said...

Glad you are posting and I love the quote. But oh, the compensating!!!