Here's another of the little squares I did for Christmas gifts. I finished this several weeks ago, but couldn't show it to you because the intended recipient watches Blog closely!
The pattern is by Pine Glen Designs and is a cross stitch pattern. I should have done it in cross stitch! There are a lot of partial stitches and that makes adapting it to needlepoint difficult. I would have been better off if I had studied the photo more, rather than sticking to the chart!
I used Alpaca AL51 & AL64 and Watercolours 165 & 171 for the cats. The background is a mix of #5 perle cotton and Watercolours 067. The metallic dark green is FyreWerks FT27. To make the stitching go faster, I used Mosaic in the center square and 3 sizes of Scotch till it was the right size.
The adaptation isn't perfect, but I think it turned out cute nonetheless! Here it is all made up. My friend loved it!