Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Peach and Blue by June Moes

Here we are in our Reno house!  Christmas is fast approaching & I just finished this last night - it is the last of the stitched gifts.  Yay!!  It still needs a few beads,but if I can't get them in time it will be fine without the beads.  This will be a top for a brown Betsy Box.

This is a Rainbow Gallery freebie by June Moes, called "Peach and Blue".  Well, I changed everything!  Not just the colors this time.  I used Leventine Blue canvas (instead of white) and changed all the threads & colors, AND "adjusted" a few of the stitches!  But I was able to stitch this completely from stash!

I used 2 Watercolours 018 and 189 (instead of Bravo), Frosty Rays Y045 (instead of Flair), #8 perle 3560 & 807(instead of Pebbly Perle), and #8 Kreinik 273 which wasn't called for at all.  Because my threads are mostly heavier than those that were called for, I had to make some adjustments to some of the stitches.  The biggest change was to the outer border, The design called for alternating  the Scotch stitches with a cross stitch variation.  I didn't care for the way it looked, so I just did alternating Scotches instead.  I really like the way it looks that way!

No comments: