Friday, February 3, 2012


Some of you may remember this project.  The design was adapted from a fractal by Kerry Mitchell.  

Summer of 2010 I worked up this design and started stitching a few months later.  This project was stitched in floss with a few Kreinik accents.  It is supposed to be a Kindle Cover - it is a prefinished, zipped together piece by Alice Peterson.  Unfortunately, I didn't try it before stitching and it is much too big for our Kindle!  I'm still trying to think of a way to make it work.

The canvas used in these items is 14-count interlock which counts closer to 13 than 14.  I used floss mostly because there are so many colors and it's a good thing I did.  I think anything else would have been too heavy for the canvas.  Because it is prefinished, there's no way to put it on a frame.  Well, by the time I finished it was waaaaay out of square!  I was surprised that it blocked out easily!  Anyway, it is finished now.  I will use some real heavy fusible interfacing to stabilize it and make it a little stiffer.

No comments: