Saturday, March 31, 2012

Diamond Within A Square

Registration begins tomorrow for the Mad Miters workshop I am teaching for Cyperpointers.  Go here to see details.

I decided to work up another Mad Miters model.  This one will demonstrate a somewhat different approach.  I will post occasionally about this during the registration period.

So far, I got all the basting in which doesn't show up too well.  The canvas I'm using is a color called Perfect Pine.  I've had this awhile & decided to use it.  I don't like it, it is apparently hand tinted and has lost most of its sizing.  It was a real treat getting it on the stretcher bars!  I hope it will hold up through the stitching process!

I am using a unit pattern this time and working the outlines in the background first with Watercolours #140 Blackwatch.

1 comment:

Sara Leigh said...

I look forward to seeing this develop.

I'm working on a small design on one of the hand-dyed canvases, and you're right. Just getting it attached to the stretcher bars was tiresome because it's so soft. I haven't retacked it yet, but it's already getting spongy after only about 8 hours of stitching, if that. The colors are gorgeous, but I don't think I'd want to use this canvas on a medium or large piece.