Wednesday, July 18, 2012

2012 SOTM July

Stitch of the Month for July is finished.  The stitch is called Woven Trame.  I do not like it.  The trame was done in Trebizond and then stitched over it with Waterlilies.  Because it is all red, you can't even see what it is in the enlarged photo! 

I didn't help myself by not reading all of the instructions!  It was recommended to do one trame, stitch over it, then do another, etc. 
I put in all the trame rows and then had to push them aside to stitch over them.  A real pain!  I still don't like it.  The different texture doesn't really show up and it just looks messy to me.  I think it might be pretty in 2 colors or a light & dark, or something.  Anyway, here is total project to date.

1 comment:

Agata said...

very same opinion, this stitch is the worse from all the months so far... not worth the effort at all as it was quite time consuming but all we see at the end is just mess :)