DH was out of town this weekend, so I worked on the Marta Mask. I rarely work on this if anyone is around - it requires a lot of concentration. The photo is just of the areas I have stitched.
This weekend I worked on the "scarf" beneath her chin. I had completed the solid area on the right side of the scarf awhile ago. Sometime since then, I determined that the painted area extended further than I had stitched!
And, in studying the pictures I have from the Leigh website, I noticed that there was sheer stuff behind the solid. Oh boy, that's gonna be tough! I experimented with several different threads and stitches and ended up with a Persian stitch with just 1 strand of silk. The solid areas are a brick stitch in Flair with backstitching in #8 Kreinik braid.
It looks good from a distance, but less so up close. Well, you are supposed to view it from a few feet away - not right on top of it!