Friday, September 25, 2015

2012 Mystery Retreat FINISHED!

Finally, the 2012 Mystery Retreat piece is finished.  I added a cabachon to the center and surrounded it with a large Jessica in Kreinik braid.  Then I just did some random stitches to fill in the areas on the sides of the cabachon.  It turned out pretty good.
Then I finished the bottom section.  Once I got the parts that use tulle and the memory thread, I wasn't happy with the amount of open space.  It seemed there was much more in that section which made it out of balance.  So I added some odd squares of Skip Tent in a shade just slightly darker than the canvas.  I think it helped.
I don't know when I'll get around to framing it, but I'll show you when I do!

3 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

That is beautiful, Liz! I have to say, the tulle area is not to my liking, but you have improved it over what you showed the last time by adding the skip tent areas. It doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the piece.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Very interesting piece!

Beth in IL said...

Pretty piece. Looking forward to seeing it framed.