Finally, the 2012 Mystery Retreat piece is finished. I added a cabachon to the center and surrounded it with a large Jessica in Kreinik braid. Then I just did some random stitches to fill in the areas on the sides of the cabachon. It turned out pretty good.
Then I finished the bottom section. Once I got the parts that use tulle and the memory thread, I wasn't happy with the amount of open space. It seemed there was much more in that section which made it out of balance. So I added some odd squares of Skip Tent in a shade just slightly darker than the canvas. I think it helped.
I don't know when I'll get around to framing it, but I'll show you when I do!