Friday, September 4, 2015

I am doing SJ Design's 18th Century Sampler, an online class.  This is a real departure for me.  I don't do projects like this!  But from the moment I saw it, I was obsessed with it. Go figure!  I finally just decided to do it.

I have completed all the prework I intend to do, which is the middle row of boxes. It is a reach on this large piece, but I manage!  Some are using Congress Cloth but I'm using 18-count, so it's big (21x22 frame!).  Only a few of us are using color I think.  It is all one color, uses 3 sizes of pearl cotton.   Most folks are using white or ecru.  Looking forward to filling in the boxes.

3 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

That is a mammoth project! I love the colors you're using and can't wait to watch it develop.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Oh, good! No one else I know in the class has a blog so I'll be able to watch this grow! Go Liz!

D1-D2 said...

You're stitching this too! I didn't make the connection between you're facebook profile and you're blog. I really should post up a picture soon. I'm doing mine on Ivory 24ct with ecru and DMC 524 (Very Light Fern Green).