ANG's Stitch of the Month (SOTM) for 2012 has begun and I completed January yesterday. For once, I have not changed the design or the threads or the colors! I am using the heart shape and red colorway as first suggested. Wow, there's a departure!
Anyway, the only thing I have done differently is that I charted the shapes and basted in all of the outlines, well most of the outlines, a few don't quite connect. I rarely make any marks on my canvas anymore. I have had too many instances where the marks end up not being in quite the right place and then there's an issue about how to cover them up!
For the first section in T-stitch, I had to remove the basting threads as I went along as there are open areas due to the nature of the stitch and the basting showed. We'll see how this ends up. Depending on what the background turns out to be, I may do a whipped backstitch or something around the outside edge. But that's nearly a year away so we aren't going to worry about it!