Friday, January 6, 2012

SOTM 2011, Finished

SOTM 2011 is finished and just in the nick of time too since SOTM 2012 has begun!  This is my first finish for 2012, the last stitch went in Monday night.

Since my SOTM is worked on 18-count, I didn't care for the Angel Wings border - it just seemed too delicate for the rest of the design.  Soooooo, I made some changes!

I rescaled the background by adding about two more rows of the little open diamonds (Kreinik #4 Braid, discontinued color #4005) all the way around.  Then I used Diamond Rhodes (over 12) in Waterlilies #180 for the border.

I don't think I'll be doing any finishing of this (framing or whatever) for awhile.  These colors go better in our Reno house, so it'll just get tacked to my wall here in LV for now.


Agata said...

thats a great new years beginning :)
Like the way how you stitched the borders and the colour you chosen are beautiful also.

Nancy L said...

Your colors work extremely well for this design, Liz. Thanks for posting the photo.