Friday, December 28, 2012

Horse Medallion

Marble Horse Medallion

 
Now I can show you the Horse Medallion. 

Some years ago, my sister-in-law & brother-in-law built their dream house and barn.  They had several horses.  SIL designed a horse medallion which their son executed in marble set into the floor of the barn!  Isn't it stunning? 

Somewhere along the way, DH and I thought it would be a cool gift for them if I were to render the medallion in needlepoint.  I finally did it this year!

Being the Bargello fanatic that I am, the piece is worked completely in Bargello, except for the outer border, which is worked in a large Brick stitch. I used Watercolours and Silk & Ivory throughout. The mane is in a zig zag Bargello in solid black Watercolours, but it doesn't show up in the photo. Horsey's nose disappeared because it was too light. I fixed it before it was framed.  I'm very pleased with the result & SIL loves her new picture.

(Blogger is not cooperating today, I cannot get the pictures to do anything but line up!)


Bargello Horse Medallion, before border

Bargello Hourse Medallion, Finished




5 comments:

Nancy L said...

What an amazing gift! Your interpretation of the medallion is terrific!

Donna said...

Wonderful. I know lots of people who would love this.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

I just love it. Absolutely lovely.

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I agree. This is wonderful and just a terrific gift.

Goldylox99 said...

I love this! I hope you will be selling the pattern. I must have this. Gorgeous!