Wednesday, May 23, 2018

River Dance, Finished

River Dance is finished!  I'm not as happy with the right side as I am with the rest, but it's not bad.  The right side is stitched with a variety of wools, all in different variations of 2-4-6 Bargello, but stitched horizontally.  Well, I actually stitched it vertically, with the side of the piece at the bottom.  The biggest problem was the shading.  Some threads/colors blend better than others.

Anyway, this was an idea I had a long time ago and it is good to have achieved it.  My brain can now go on to other things!

Friday, May 18, 2018

Magic Castle

In the late 70s I designed this Magic Castle.  At that time I stitched it on perforated paper in floss & metallic, all tent stitches.  I painted the paper first, and all of the yellow was the paper.  


Now, I have stitched this piece again!  On 18-count vintage blue/blue with overdyed & plain floss, metallics, and wool, using a variety of stitches.  I plan to finish it as a door hanger, hopefully "framed" with pretty ribbons.  Finding the ribbons is the next part!

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Windowseat Cushion Finished

The windowseat cushion is finally finished.  It is not up to my exacting standards, but it is finished. 
I learned a lot, primarily that I should NOT have tried to do it myself!  Once I had the top put together, I should have taken it to be made into a cushion by a professional upholsterer.
But now it is done and we move on......