Sunday, July 31, 2016

Glitz & Glamour Carnelian

 I've started a new piece!  I know, too many WIPs already, but I just can't help myself.  LOL!
This is Debbie Rowley's Glitz & Glamour Carnelian.  Naturally I changed all the colors!  Aqua - are you shocked? Ha.
I also started in the center.  The instructions want you to start on the outside edge, but I just don't want to do that much counting!  So I'm working from the center out.  It was a bit of a challenge to figure out where to do that, but I finally "got it".

Friday, July 29, 2016

Bargello Christmas Stocking Published

The pattern for Bargello Christmas Stocking is available for sale on my website on the Bargello Page 2 page.
I hope you'll take a look.  There is plenty of time to stitch one up before Christmas!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bag Ladies, Progress #2

Quite a bit has been done on Bag Ladies since I last posted about it.  There are still several cats to do, and a floor.  It is fun to work on, but figuring out the threads for each cat is time consuming!  
You can see some funny pale yellow "stuff" above the dark brown kitty on the far left.  It is supposed to be tissue paper, but it looks funny to me.  I used Flair in a random stitch, but it isn't right.  There's also supposed to be tissue by the kitty that is just below the white tail.  Any ideas?  I may just fill those areas in with the bag color & stitch.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

More Framing

Two more pieces back from the framer.  
Walking the Water's Edge has been finished for about a year, but now it is framed and will be hung in our loft where there are other "beachy" things.  The frame is actually about the color in the pic at the lower left.  Very simple. but I like it.

Vegas Nights is one of the patterns that is available on my website.  It's been finished for years, but we have a red & black wall in our current house, so I pulled it out to be framed.  The silver really sets it off.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Seven Fractal, Progress #4

Finally!  I'm all the way across the top of this huge, demanding project!  With the bit more on the left side, that puts it almost 1/3 done.  I had hoped to do this in one year, but I don't think that's going to happen!
Of course, it's not my only project LOL!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Gardener's Alphabet "T"

A friend commissioned me to stitch a couple of the Gardener's Alphabet letters.  The first one, T, is complete.  Now, here's a story:
The top picture to the left is what it looked like finished.  I had used the colors specified in the pattern for the foliage.  The light gray-green stems just looked too light to me, AFTER everything else was stitched.  Ripping that out was going to be a nightmare!  

So I experimented.  I stitched some of that thread on a scrap of the same canvas and tried PAINTING it, with pens.  OMG it worked!  I tried an Ultra Fine Point Sharpie and a Copic marker. Both worked, but the Sharpie seemed to give more even coverage.  Neither bled onto the stitch next to it!

So, I went ahead and painted the offending stitches. Voila! 
The 2nd pic shows the result.  I'm so jazzed!

Now, I'm quite sure it isn't color fast, but I don't care.  This piece doesn't need to be blocked and it will be encased in a plastic trivet.

The pic to the right is just a sharper photo.  And the color is a little more accurate.  It is on aquamarina canvas.