Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Twister, Progress #1



Twister by Patricia Spencer is a project I started about 4 years ago. I got a good start on the first quarter, but then never got back to it and it has been in my UFO pile ever since. Now that I have finished the Mystery Retreat Project, I have moved Twister up to WIP and made it my new Sunday Project. Sunday I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out where I was and refreshing my memory (LOL) on the directions and overall process. I completed one section and basted 2 more for next week.
This project is on Congress Cloth with floss. I chose the gray & garnet colorway. The instructions are quite complicated and a little hard to keep track of! I imagine at least some of you have done this project as it was quite popular a few years ago.
When I first started it, I elected not to do the marking on the canvas that the instructions required. Rather I charted the outlines so I could be sure all the lines are straight. With slanted lines it is much easier, for me, to make sure they are straight by doing it on the computer! Being a bit on the picky side, I can't stand it when lines aren't straight! Anyway, I use the chart to baste the lines for each section, which then makes it easy to stitch the patterns and do the compensation.
I hope you will enjoy watching the slowwwww progress of this piece!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a strange and hypnotic design. Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to watching it grow!

Sara Leigh said...

This will be interesting. I like this colorway.

Anonymous said...

Twister has been on my wish list for years. I keep hoping I will find the chart on sale :) I look forward to watching your progress.