Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bitter Springs Bargello

Bitter Springs is a new Bargello.  It was inspired by a day trip DH & I took a year or so ago up into the Muddy Mountains near Las Vegas.  It was spring and the rock formations were all these wonderful colors with lots of green things coming up among them.  We took lots of pictures & I came home & pulled threads!  I posted about this at the time & if you do a search on Bitter Springs, it should come up.

Finally, I have started this project.  What you see is just 1/2 of the piece. The triangle on the right will be repeated on the left in mirror image.  This is a long, narrow piece, the finished size will be about 6" x 17".  I am using Silk & Ivory, Watercolours and FyreWerks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the needle tender on this beautiful canvas! would you share who made it?

Edy said...

Oh my, how pretty.

Sara Leigh said...

I just love this!