Sunday, November 25, 2012

2012 SOTM October & November

Surprise!  I'm caught up on SOTM!  This week I completed the sections for October and November.
October is Double Straight Cross worked in Soy Luster and Wildflowers.  I reversed the way the threads are worked, using the Soy Luster for the little "hearts" and then filling the background with the Wildflowers.  Worked up very quickly.
November is Chottie's Plaid, using Trebizond, #12 Kreinik, and Grandeur.  Now, I have been a needlepoint plaid lover since the 70s or 80s when I first discovered it.  But I did not enjoy stitching this one.  Why?  Because I didn't like the threads.  You can see in the photo that the Trebizond doesn't cover well on the white canvas.  The Grandeur is OK, but the white Kreinik, which is 001HL is too heavy.
I still do not like this project.  I am curious to see what December brings.  If I don't like the background that is called for, I have decided I am going to do the background in Bargello hearts.  I will also outline all the areas and the whole heart, probably with a whipped backstitch.  Here is how it looks now:

No comments: