Saturday, September 5, 2009

SOTM Section 8

I just realized "Section 8", boy is that appropriate! I finished this section of the Stitch of the Month around noon today. I had a lot of problems with it, all of my own making! I think it looks nice now, but whew! Shortly after beginning the right side (the left side was easy), I discovered I had made a bad counting error when I did Section 6, which then resulted in Section 7 being wrong. After some deliberation, I decided the only sensible thing to do was to re-design this part. So, I redrew and recharted the curves so they fit the "wrong" sections. Boy of boy! When I stitched Section 6, I thought about not doing the two pieces to the right of the center band until I had something else in to count from. That would have been a really good idea! Oh well, it is finished now and looks OK. Deep breath, back to my Masters project.


Love to Stitch 99 said...

Hi Liz,

Miscounting does bring us into a heap of troubles at time, doesn't it?

I love your colors and it looks very good.

I am planning to start working on mine in December after we get our last stitch.

I will be doing mine using Tony's colors as I just love those colors, but your choice of colors is pretty cool too :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

omashee aka Barb said...

Your patience astounds me! Good thing you're so creative and can "creat" you own fix.

LIZ said...

I'm glad you like my colors. I think it's turning out pretty good. Since you won't be starting this till you get all the sections, you can work in a more logical fashion & avoid the mistakes I made!!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You poor thing! I really hate mistakes like this when the things we have to rip out are complicated. So far my problems have been with May but the further along we get, the more I wonder what issues I'll discover I've made myself.

This looks lovely, though. I hope you are happy with all the solutions you've come up with.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

A miscount can, indeed, make one into a "Section 8" case. LOL I did that today plotting a new Celtic knot. This is just awfully pretty - great color choices.