Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tuscan Midnight

Happy New Year!  On this Holiday "vacation" I also started Tuscan Midnight by Kathy Rees, Needle Delights Originals.  I purchased this pattern as a complete kit online from Scarlet Thread.  There are nine colorways available which you can see on It's A Stitchy Thing blog.  DH chose the "Bright" colorway, which is way outside my usual stitching comfort zone!  I have only changed one color:  There was a purple/blue and I changed it to more of a purple/fuschia.  This is a really fun project and I am enjoying the stitching.  As usual, Needle Delights designs are challenging and work up beautifully.  Here is my progress so far: 

3 comments:

momsue84 said...

I have this pattern, too, and can't wait to start stitching it. I was going to use a more muted colorway, but seeing yours prompts me to use the brights. It's gorgeous!

Sara Leigh said...

Good idea to swap out the purple/blue with a purple/fuschia! Several people in my stitching group got different colorways. So far, I've seen the Autumn (Blue) colorway in progress, which is quite lovely.

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful, brightly-coloured antidote to northern-hemisphere weather!