Sunday, July 24, 2011

Calico Cat FINISHED

Calico Cat by Dede Ogden is finished!  I finally took out the "floor" I had done before and redid it.  I think it looks more like a floor now, instead of a wall. 

I worried over the background for weeks and finally came up with this one.  I wanted little Christmas Trees, but anything that really looked like a tree was too big.  I think the green in the background should have been more muted, but it's OK and we're sticking with it!  Actually, it is the same thread I used for the wreath, but in the wreath it appears more faded.  That's what I get for scanning instead of using the camera.  But it'll do for now.

Eventually this will be made into an easel back stand up. I have one more of these little cats to do first, then both will be finished together, with the same backing & trims.

4 comments:

Tatkis said...

Beautiful Calico Cat! Congratulations with your finish!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! And I love the background that you used. Works perfectly.

Anne Stradal said...

The background looks great, and the wreath is wonderful!

NCPat said...

How cute! I hope they will be for you!