Sunday, February 17, 2013

Illusions, Progress #3

As you can see, I have made a lot of progress on Illusions since last week.  I really want to get this finished! 

You can see that I completed the "cubes" that almost appear to be shooting out. There are 3 more cubes to do, but they use different stitches.  I'm hoping to at least get those done this week.  Then there are the Crescents in the corners and the 2 blank triangular areas that show top & bottom.  I also need to outline most of the areas.  That was supposed to be done first, but I just basted instead.  Then I will have to decide if I want to fill in the largest open areas and with what!

In case you didn't know, this piece is designed to be worked entirely in Pearl Cotton, but I added some metallics.

3 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Love how this piece is turning out. Great progress.

Marcy said...

Very cool!

Jan said...

I like this piece and it's coming along so well now. Love the colors you selected too.