Sunday, November 2, 2014

Linda, Progress #5

Back to Linda, by Orna Willis.
I'm making progress, slow but sure!

There's a LOT of Jessicas.  The #8 pearl by Painter's Threads gave me trouble!  What I had in my stash that is the perfect color is waaaay different than the new stuff I got.  The new was not perfect for this piece, but I didn't have enough of the old.  So I tried a couple of different ways of using these threads and, with the help of a friend, decided to alternate the new & the old threads.It works pretty well and I don't think I could have found anything better.

Once I finish the Jessicas, each one will get a stitch in the middle with a metallic.  There will also be a lot of beads on this piece, so it won't get finished until my stash is unpacked!

2 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

It certainly is beautiful, and I can't really tell from this photo that you used two dye lots for the Jessicas.

D1-D2 said...

I like the circular shape of this one. And the colors are very pretty.