Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lahaina Breezes, Progress

 I started Lahaina Breezes, by Laura Perin, several months ago as something different to work on that didn't require a lot of me.  Well, it is still going on, but I have accomplished quite a lot.  

However, it has sometimes required more of me than I wanted!  Don't they always?

Initially, I wanted to get started right away, so I tried to use threads from stash.  I was mostly successful.  I changed some threads, but nothing especially earth shattering.  I used FyreWerks instead of Ribbon Floss.  I had to buy a couple of skeins of pearl cotton.  I changed one of the Watercolours.  Once I got going, I decided I do not care for the flowers and the feathers in this design.  Soooooo, I redesigned those sections.  Here's what it looks like right now:



1 comment:

Sara Leigh said...

It's very you now. :)