Friday, June 3, 2016

Christmas Stocking

A Bargello Christmas Stocking has been in my plans for a long time.  I did design one many years ago, but was never happy with it.  I've been working on the design for this one for months, but just recently began to actually stitch it.  The  cuff came out nice, but once I started in the body of the stocking, I realized some drastic changes needed to be made.  So, I went ahead and stitched the heel & toe as I was pretty sure they'd be OK.  I'm still working on the chart for the rest of this, but I like it so far!  Tentative plan is to have it published by July.
(Stitch faster Liz!)

4 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

I like this! I find so many stockings are way too fussy for me. I do have a painted one that I'm going to be working on at Seminar in August that is more elegant than most (to me at least), and your bargello looks like it will add to the elegant style of stocking.

Sharon said...

How big is this? And what threads are you using? It's lovely.

Beth in IL said...

Very nice!

Arliss Link said...

I think this is stunning, Liz. Yes, stitch faster!